Dear me, I’ve been doing a poor job of updating recently, mostly because I’ve been working on so many projects. And as for my poorly trafficked Etsy store, I never get seasonal stuff done to sell before the season arrives T__T. Hopefully, I can post about one of my latest finished projects soon.
Today I’m working on the final set of motifs for my Autumn Leaves Afghan, a pattern from Caron.
Instead of using four colors, I used 7, including the main color. I also used a size smaller hook (H instead of J) to avoid spacey stitches and Red Heart yarn in buff (main color), redwood (new color, I like it, very autumn), dark orchid, cafe latte, gold, paddy green, and pumpkin. I wanted it to be more red but still colorful by decided representing each color evenly was better so there are two leaves of each color. Red Heart in paddy green is very coarse and thick and I had an older skein of it that I had to split the ply and modify the square motif for; when I brought a new one skein because I ran out of the thicker, coarser one I had and worked the stitches with a tighter tension, the squares came out about the right size compared to the others.
I’m almost done, one more gold set, then I can assemble the afghan. I thought about giving it a border using every color but I’m not sure I have enough of each color yarn left to do that.